There are so many things that have gone on in my life since the last time I posted and now. It’s amazing how I am still standing and strong. I have really surprised myself to be honest. Anyway, these are things I’ll share later when I am ready.
Today, I found this little book in my room that I had when I was in secondary school. Its a tiny ‘Hannah Montana’ notepad that was given to me by a junior friend of mine. I can’t exactly remember why she gave me but I know I really appreciated it at that time. I am so sure she doesn’t even remember giving it to me. Anyway, I digress.
So, in this book, I wrote lots of things in it. I wrote thoughts. I wrote quotes. Its a pretty deep book. Even now when I look at it, I don’t see it as childish. I see it as deep. I must have been going through something or that must have been some sort of turning point in my life because its pretty deep stuff in it.
So, I was going through it and I saw a place where I started writing theories or life lessons that I had experienced and had decided to teach myself or something. Some of them were in my words and some of them were like quotes that I got from some places. It sort of reminded me of what I am going through right now and the things that I have learnt the hard way.
Ill share these theories that I wrote in this book and then I will add some new ones that I have learn recently.
From the book:
1. Nobody can really be trusted but still you have to put your trust in someone but not 100%
2. Everybody has secrets. Some things are better left unsaid
3. Everybody deserves a second chances but be mindful of those you give second chances to.
4. Someone that has hurt you once has the tendency of hurting you again or probably ruining you.
5. Sometimes we are good to people just because we feel we owe it to them .
6. Sometimes you play more with those you hate.
7. Breakups in any relationship are heard to deal with
8. At the end of the day, we all need God.
9. “Sin” is not written on the face of anyone – Not exactly sure why I wrote this.
10. Begging degrades a person.. so why beg? Only beg if absolutely necessary – Lo. Someone probably pissed me off.
11. You can’t really force a friendship.
12. Your future is in your hands.
13. Face your priorities squarely and don’t let anything distract you.
14. We all make mistakes and when we make them, we need to learn from them.
15. When you fall down, you have to get back up.
16. Silence does not mean stupidity…You are just giving way for the immature one to make his speech.
17. Sometimes you make choices that make you look back and wonder of it’s the right thing you need and you realise that you made the right decision.
18. Make your own choices. Don’t let anyone make them for you.
19. Follow your heart.
20. Trouble is very attractive.
21. Sometimes, saying sorry is the solution to problems.
So, there it is. These were the life lessons I wrote down about 3 years and I look at my life now and I can see why I wrote some of these down. Like I said, I can’t exactly remember which ones are my own quotes or which ones belong to others so don’t really quote me on them.
Now to add to them based on what has gone on in my life of late, Ill say:
22. Trust is expensive. Make sure someone has earned it before you give it to them.
23. Don’t have high expectations of people because human beings have the tendency to disappoint.
24. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.
25. Keep your circle small. People in this world are mean, wicked, heartless and cold. Try not to let them infiltrate your circle.
26. Karma is a bad-ass bitch. Don’t think you can hurt someone and get away it. As long as God is alive, that will never happen.
27. Jesus is the only person that can be your everything.
There are some more but I’ll share them later. These are some of the things I have learned in my 18 years on earth. It just goes to show how far I have come in my life and I am grateful to God.