Your girl is ready to get married!

Okay. Scratch that! I’m not saying I am full-on ready but guys, the marriage bug has bitten me. I don’t know if it is because I am getting older but I am starting to feel the whole marriage idea.

I am telling you ever since I turned 21, I have been thinking of my future a lot more. For those that know me, I have always been the relationship girl. Not to say that I jump from relationship to relationship (I have only seriously dated one guy) but I have always been pro-love. I honestly believe that it is always better to navigate life with a companion. Now, I’m not saying that it should be just any companion but someone that genuinely loves you and cares for you.

Now, as a feminist, I do believe that women should be able to take care of themselves i.e go to school, get a job, have a career. I really honestly believe that it is important to not be dependent on a man because I have seen situations where the man will flip it on you and in that kind of situation, what do you do?

So, I do believe that in a marriage – while I still view the man as the head of the home – I believe that it is a partnership where these two people grow together and compromise.

So, I’m not necessarily looking to get married tomorrow because I still have to figure out my own life before I bring anyone else into it. However, if I am to start dating anyone, it is with the view that we are heading somewhere.

I still believe strongly in the institution of marriage and I only want to do it once in my lifetime. I do not plan to get into it lightly because I have seen marriages go south and I don’t want that to be the case for me. So, God-willing, I plan to take my time and be 99% sure…I always say that the remaining 1% is a leap of faith. Lol.

However guys, the bug is hitting me quite strongly and I am a little afraid of my impulses but it is something that I am aware of so I am trying my best to keep it under control.

So, tell me, is there anyone that is feeling the way I am at this age? Does anyone think I’m too young to start thinking about this? Pls let me know all your thoughts in the comments below

Advertisements

2 Comments

  1. I used to constantly imagine getting married and spending forever with the love of my life but all that died along with my relationship at the time lmao. Since then, I just don’t find myself thinking much about that part of my future

    1. I think about it all the time. I think the idea of having a companion for the rest of your life is such an amazing experience but it definitely has to be with someone that loves and adores you and you have to be on the same wavelength but I can’t wait though…Lol

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s